On the radio
Module 10 Unit 2第1课时检测卷
1. The announcer tells all the _______(听众) what program comes next.
2. He wants to look for a _________(兼职的) job as a waiter.
3. Here’s an _______(文章) about the big fire.
4. We want to know his real _______(意图).
5. It ______(似乎) that the day is getting longer and longer.
in person, look down, for breakfast, do some research, learn about
1. —What do you usually have _____?
—I usually have eggs and bread.
2. When he _______ from the top of the mountain, he was surprised at the beautiful views below.
3. I will look after my mother _______ and I don’t need your help.
4. We went to the museum and ________ Chinese history.
5. The scientists _______ on junk food and got some surprising results.
1. a, week, we, programme, once, prepare, a(.)
2. began, to, ask, I, jobs, when, I, was, for, part-time, young(.)
3. I, looked, out, of, saw, a, the, beautiful, bird, window, and(.)
4. age, of, I, first, appeared, on, at, the, TV, fourteen(.)
5. she, how, asked, old, she, him, was(.)
1. He joined the army when he was eighteen years old. （改为同义句）
He joined the army _______ ________ _______ of eighteen.
2. It seemed that he was nervous. （改为同义句）
He _____ _____ ______ nervous.
3. Please tell me. What sport do you like? （改为含有宾语从句的主从复合句）
Please tell me _______ _______ _______ _______.
4. They go swimming twice a week. （对画线部分提问）
______ _______ do they go swimming?
5. She asked me, “Why do you want the job?” （改为含有宾语从句的主从复合句）
She asked me _____ ______ ______ the job.
Will Johnson has worked his way up the list of most popular stars in his country. In fact, it is not surprising that Will is so successful if we know about his early life. Some valuable lessons he learnt as a child have strongly influenced him __1___________ his later life. One of them was from his father __2___________ was strict with him and his brother.
Once, Will and his brother Harry __3___________ given a job to rebuild a broken brick (砖) wall in the yard. The wall was fifty feet __4___________ and around sixteen feet high. The boys had to mix concrete (水泥) and place only one brick at a time. They didn’t know why their father gave them __5___________ a huge job. __6___________, with the attitude (态度) of “one brick more”, both Will and Harry rebuilt the wall in __7___________ period of six months. Each time they were about to give up, their father __8___________them up patiently. Both brothers were so sad about the job at 9 , but after completing the task, they felt a sense of pride, and so did their father. Even today when Will thinks that he won’t be able to do something, he will look back to this experience and keep telling 10 , “one brick at a time”.
1. ________ 2. ________ 3. ________ 4. ________ 5. ________
6. ________ 7. ________ 8. ________ 9. ________ 10. ________
Ⅰ.1. listeners 2. part-time 3. article 4. purpose 5. seems
Ⅱ.1. for breakfast 2. looked down 3. in person 4. learned about 5. did some research
Ⅲ.1. We prepare a programme once a week.
2. I began to ask for part-time jobs when I was young.
3. I looked out of the window and saw a beautiful bird.
4. I first appeared on TV at the age of fourteen.
5. She asked him how old she was.
Ⅳ.1. at the age 2. seemed to be 3. what sport you like 4. How often 5. why I wanted
Ⅴ. 1. in 2. who / that 3. were 4. wide 5. such
6. However 7. a 8. cheered 9. first 10. himself
Module 10 Unit 2第2课时检测卷
Last July, my 12-year-old car died on California’s Santa Freeway. It was an hour before sunset, and I was 25 miles away from home. I couldn’t reach anyone to pick me up, so I 1 to take a bus. Not knowing the routes (路线), I thought I’d just go east. A bus stopped. I got 2 it and asked the driver how far she was going. “Ten more miles,” she said. There was 3 bus I could take from there. This clearly was going to be a long night. I got off at the end of the route and she told me which bus to look 4 . After waiting 30 minutes, I began to think about a very expensive taxi 5 home. Then a bus came up. There was no lighted number above its windshield (挡风玻璃). It was out of service, but the door opened. It was the same driver.
“I just can’t leave you here,” she said. “This isn’t the nicest place. I will take you home.” “You will drive me home on the bus?” I asked in 6 . “No, I will take you in my car,” she said. “It’s a long way.” “Come on,” she said, “I have nothing 7 to do.” She began telling me a story 8 we drove from the station in the car. A few days 9 , her brother had run out of gas (汽油). A kind man picked him up, took him to a service station and then got back to his car. “I’m just passing the kindness along,” she said. When I offered her money as a thank-you, she refused. “Just do 10 nice for somebody. Pass it along,” she said.
1. A. agreed B. decided C. found D. used
2. A. away B. down C. on D. off
3. A. another B. same C. every D. each
4. A. at B. into C. after D. for
5. A. ride B. ticket C. guide D. driver
6. A. agreement B. surprise C. heart D. order
7. A. hardly B. probably C. else D. everywhere
8. A. so B. because C. before D. as
9. A. later B. earlier C. more D. missing
10. A. something B. everything C. anything D. nothing
Have you ever thought about what kind of job you would like to have when you grow up? Many people think that we can have only one job in our lifetime. We all know that this is not true, but quite a few people actually think this way. For example, when people choose a major (专业) in college, they think that the decisions they make now will decide their jobs for the rest of their lives. However, there are many examples where people became successful after changing their careers (职业) later in life.
J. K. Rowling, writer of the famous novel Harry Potter, was actually a school teacher before she began writing books. In fact, she was out of work before the first Harry Potter book came out.
Former US President Ronald Reagan began as an actor when he was a young man. He later decided that he wanted to do political work. This kind of passion (激情) finally led him to become President of the United States.
The famous 19th century artist Vincent van Gogh was not a painter from the beginning. He once worked as an art salesman and later became a preacher. It was only 10 years before he died that he decided to become an artist.
Careers are always open to change. The important thing is to find what you are really good at or what you really want to do. Once you find that passion, it’s all a matter of how hard you try.
1.______ was a teacher before he (she) became famous.
A. Vincent van Gogh B. Ronald Reagan C. J. K. Rowling D. Harry Potter
2. The underlined word “political” in Paragraph 3 means ______ in Chinese.
A. 政治的 B. 艺术的 C. 文学的 D. 经济的
3. According to the passage, the most important thing to think of when choosing a career is _____.
A. what major you choose in college B. how much money you can make
C. changing jobs as often as possible D. finding what you really want to do
4. How is the passage organized? (Par = Paragraph)
A. Par 1→ Pars 2~4 → Par 5 B. Pars 1~2 → Par 3 → Pars 4~5
C. Par 1→ Pars 2~3 → Pars 4~5 D. Pars 1~2→ Pars 3~4 → Par 5
Ⅰ. 1-5 BCADA 6-10 BCDBA
Ⅱ. 1-4 CADA
Module 10 Unit 3课时检测卷
2. 你知道他上周怎样去北京的吗？（know, arrived）
3. 我问他为什么喜欢动画片。（asked, loved, cartoons）
4. 迈克问我当时为什么对他微笑。（asked, at, time）
5. 莉莉说她打算学一门外语。（said, going）
Tina graduated from college. Several days later, she got a new job. She would work in the biggest company (公司) in her city. Her friends admired her very much.
On her first workday, Tina arrived at 8:45 a.m. She took the lift to the 11th floor (楼层), and a clerk showed her where her desk was. As a green hand, she didn’t know what to do, so she tried to talk to the girls who sat near her in the office. However, they were not friendly to her. After a while, a young boss came in. Tina was surprised that the boss was not the old man who interviewed her several days ago. The boss gave her a lot of reports to write. But when she began to write, she found that she had much trouble understanding the reports. She spent almost the whole day trying to do the work. At 5:30 p.m., it was time to go home. Although most of the reports weren’t finished, she got into the lift. On the 10th floor, she was greeted by John, the old man who interviewed her several days ago. “Tina!” he said, “Why didn’t you work with us today?” All of a sudden, Tina realized she mistook the 11th floor for the 10th floor. “Oh, my God!” she answered, “_____” After hearing this, John couldn’t help laughing.
1. The underlined (画线的) words “a green hand” most probably mean _____.
A. a person without experience
B. a person caring about the environment
C. a person doing well in growing vegetables
2. Tina was surprised because ______.
A. she was not allowed to leave the company
B. the young boss wasn’t the man who interviewed her
C. the bosses in the two companies refused her in the interviews
3. Tina spent _____ trying to finish the reports.
A. almost the whole day B. almost the whole morning C. almost the whole afternoon
4. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. Tina moved to another city for a new job.
B. The girls sitting near Tina were unfriendly to her.
C. Tina arrived at the company at 5:30 a.m. on her first workday.
5. “_____” can be the missing sentence in the passage.
A. I forgot the interview date!
B. I have finished all the reports!
C. I have been in the wrong office all day!
下个月澳大利亚某校(an Australian school)的部分师生将要来你校访问。学校英语社团正在招募志愿者承担接待工作：带他们参观校园、向他们介绍中国文化或者带领他们游览北京。
提示词语：Chinese culture, history, be good at, teach, gift
提示问题：● Which job would you like to do?
● Why do you think you can do this job?
● What’s your plan for the job?
I’m looking forward to your early reply.
Ⅰ.1. Yesterday he asked me whether I wanted to join the swimming club.
2. Do you know how he arrived in Beijing? 3. I asked him why he loved cartoons.
4. Mike asked me why I smiled at him at that time.
5. Lily said that she was going to learn a foreign language.
Ⅱ. 1-5 ABABC
Ⅲ. One possible version:
I would like to be a volunteer to introduce the Chinese culture to the Canadian teachers and students. I am interested in Peking Opera and know a lot about it. I can tell them about the history of the opera and even give them a short performance. I’m also good at Chinese painting, so I can teach them to draw something, such as a panda. After that, I’ll give them a painting of mine as a gift. I’ll try to make their visit to Beijing unforgettable.
I’m looking forward to your early reply.