八年级下册——Module 10 On the radio
Module 10 Unit 1第1课时检测卷
1. Feng Xiaogang is a famous _________(导演) in China.
2. We want to know how to _______(避免) that bad result.
3. Could you please tell me something about the _______(背景) of the movie?
4. We are going to do an important ______(访谈) tomorrow morning.
5. The United Nations is an _______(国际的) organization.
1. Thank you for ______ me with my schoolwork.
A. helping B. help C. to help D. helped
2. You must avoid ______ the same mistakes, or you may fail in the exam again.
A. make B. making C. made D. to make
3. I hope you can ______ first prize in the competition.
A. lose B. catch C. win D. beat
4. Lily and her friends will go camping if it _______ tomorrow.
A. won’t rain B. doesn’t rain C. didn’t rain D. isn’t raining
5. —Excuse me, could you please tell me ______?
—It’s on Center Street and across from the bank.
A. where can I find the library B. where I can find the library
C. how far the library is from here D. how far is the library from here
Please walk quietly in order to ________ _______ noise.
_______ ______, and you will get good grades.
This is where we ______ _______ with sports stars.
Please give me a call ______ _______ ______ Beijing.
______ ______ ______ you can join us one day.
1. should, we, any, noise, avoid, making (.)
2. on, it, we’re, means, air (.)
3. I, said, you, must, to, you, remember, what (.)
4. to, I, hope, college, in, six, to, go, years (.)
5. please, how, I, tell, me, a, can, be, presenter (.)
(Li Lei is a Chinese exchange student in America. He is chatting with Jason in his host family. )
Jason: Hi, Li Lei! Here is your juice.
Li Lei: Thanks, Jason.
Jason: Not at all. __1__________
Li Lei: That’s right. How time flies!
Li Lei: Yes, I do. The teachers are very helpful, and the students are active and confident.
Jason: It’s kind of you to say so. And I hear you Chinese students are very hard-working.
Li Lei: We sure are. __3__________
Jason: By the way, do you have any plans for this weekend?
Li Lei: __4__________ How about you?
Jason: I want to do some volunteer work. Shall we go to visit the old people’s home?
Li Lei: Sounds great! __5__________
Jason: I believe you will like it.
A. Nothing much.
B. How long have you been here?
C. It’ll be a new experience to me.
D. You have been here for months, right?
E. We are strict about our schoolwork.
F. Do you get used to the school life here?
1. ________ 2. ________ 3. ________ 4. ________ 5. ________
Ⅰ. 1. director 2. avoid 3. background 4. interview 5. international
Ⅱ. 1-5 ABCBB
Ⅲ. 1. avoid making 2. Keep studying 3. do interviews
4. before you leave 5. I hope that
Ⅳ. 1. We should avoid making any noise.
2. It means we’re on air.
3. You must remember what I said to you.
4. I hope to go to college in six years.
5. Please tell me how I can be a presenter.
Ⅴ. 1-5 DFEAC
Module 10 Unit 1第2课时检测卷
Tracy was always hard-working and creative. She started a website called TEAM for girls when she was 16, and it’s doing better than ever.
TEAM now has 10 million visits every month.
When she was ten, Tracy drew four characters (人物). They are all girls, and they are good friends. She called them “Amazing Girls”. The main amazing girl, Miss E, represents (代表) her younger sister Elizabeth. Amy writes stories, and Mary answers questions. “Amazing Girls” finally became TEAM. “TEAM” means “Together everyone achieves more”.
At that time, Tracy wanted a safe and warm site for girls, but she couldn’t find one. So she decided to create one herself.
At first, Tracy asked family members and friends for help. Her computer teacher also helped her a lot. She created a small website. “There was a homepage, which had the four characters and simple flash animations (动画片),” Tracy says. “It was very, very simple, but it was a start.”
Now it is a heaven for millions of girls. It has message boards, quizzes, games, music, and more. Girls can help each other with homework here. And they can also discuss fashion, dancing and singing stars. They feel free and comfortable. They have made their life more fruitful and meaningful.
“I’m able to learn so much about culture around the world,” Tracy says. “The goal for the site was, and still is, to help young girls to believe in themselves.”
1. How many visits does TEAM have every month now?
A. 10 million. B. 16 million. C. 17 million.
2. What does Mary do?
A. Answers questions. B. Draws characters. C. Writes stories.
3. Why did Tracy decide to create a website?
A. Because she wanted to make money.
B. Because she couldn’t find one for girls.
C. Because her computer teacher asked her to create one.
4. Tracy started the site to help young girls to _______.
A. do their homework B. dance and sing C. believe in themselves
5. What can be the best title for the passage?
A. Girls’ Success B. Girls’ Website C. TEAM’s Meaning
Strawberries look nice, but a light pressure can make them out of shape. Nowadays, there are many young people who are just like strawberries. They easily break down when they face difficulties. They don’t know what to do when they are in trouble. They have a common name — strawberry kids.
Why are many students so easy to break down? Parents and schools are a main reason. Parents do almost everything for them in their daily life, while schools care more about their grades instead of developing their personality (个性) .
Liu Yue, 13, is from Fujian. His mom hardly criticizes (批评) him and he always feels good about himself. When a teacher criticized him strictly, he felt surprised and sad. He began to doubt his ability.
Students should do something to make themselves mentally strong. An expert said, “When you are in trouble, don’t ask for help too quickly. You should try to deal with problems first by yourself. I also advise you to take an active part in sports and social activities. That can make you mentally strong. ”
Growing up is not just a happy process (过程). Pains also go along with it. The most important thing is to face the pains bravely and learn from them.
1. Some students are called “strawberry kids” because they all like to eat some fruit, especially strawberries.
2. Liu Yue’s mother often criticizes him.
3. Parents do almost everything for their children in their daily life.
4. According to the fourth paragraph, students should ask for help quickly when they are in trouble.
5. The writer advises students to be brave in the face of pains.
Ⅰ. 1-5 AABCB
Ⅱ. 1-5 FFTFT