八年级下册——Module 9 Friendship
Module 9 Unit 1第1课时检测卷
1. My teacher asked me to _______(解释) it to him.
2. I haven’t _______(提及) the matter to anyone.
3. To my surprise, he _______(拒绝) to go there with me. I felt a little sad.
4. Don’t _______(对待) me like that.
5. The professor _______(鼓励) me not to give up.
1. She said she could solve the problem by ______.
A. she B. her C. himself D. herself
2. I invited him to go to the movies with me, but he refused ______ with me.
A. go B. went C. to go D. going
3. My mother encouraged me ______ part in the sports meeting.
A. take B. took C. taking D. to take
4. The old man looks very unhappy because he lives _______ and he feels very ______.
A. alone; alone B. lonely; lonely C. alone; lonely D. lonely; alone
5. Do you know ______ she has paid for the air ticket or not?
A. where B. when C. why D. whether
6. — Could you please tell me _______?
— They’re over there.
A. where are the restrooms B. where were the restrooms
C. where the restrooms are D. where the restrooms were
We are busy doing our homework ______ _____ _______.
Don’t forget to ______ _______ ______ with your old friends.
______ ______, I didn’t see Lisa.
Nobody wants to ______ ______ ______ him.
Don’t tell me ______ _____ ______.
Can you tell me ______ ______ ______?
Could I ______ ______you’ve mentioned this to her?
Do you know ______ ______ ______ you like that?
B: I’m going to meet my friend Sally at Pudong Airport.
A: Sally? __2________ Who is she?
B: She is my good friend. She is American.
B: For about four years. She lived next door to me. But two years ago, she went back to America with her parents.
A: __4___________ Will she just have a trip to Shanghai?
B: No. She will live in China with her parents.
A: __5____________ Can she speak Chinese?
B: Yes, quite well. Oh, it’s time for me to go now.
A: OK. Bye-bye!
A. How does Sally arrive in Shanghai?
B. Why does she come back this time?
C. I haven’t heard of her.
D. What are you up to, Amy?
E. How long have you known each other?
F. That sounds great to you.
G. What is she like?
1. _______ 2. _______ 3. _______ 4. _______ 5. _______
Ⅰ.1. explain 2. mentioned 3. refused 4. treat 5. encouraged/encourages
Ⅱ. 1-6 DCDCDC
Ⅲ. 1. at the moment 2. stay in touch 3. At first 4. make friends with 5. who she is 6. how she’s different 7. ask if 8. why she treats
Ⅳ. 1-5 DCEBF
Module 9 Unit 1第2课时检测卷
One day, David and his friends talked about who their closest 1 were. When it was his turn, he said, “My best friend is Amy, 2 81-year-old woman living in Florida.”
Their friendship came 3 a game. In the game, David and Amy were on the same team. After this game, they became good friends. David even told her about his dream of music.
However, life was hard for David at that time. He hardly 4 time or money to play music. Most of the time, he had to work in a restaurant. He felt that his dream was hopeless (无望的).
5 he almost lost heart, Amy gave him lots of help and supported his dream. Two years later, he decided 6 to New York for his dream. There he held his first concert successfully.
After the concert, a famous reporter in New York heard of their story. He wanted to know what
7 . So he flew to Florida to interview her. To his surprise, the friendship between Amy and David was 8 than he could imagine.
Later, many people 9 by this story. But Amy thought it was nothing. She said, “As friends, we 10 give a hand when they need.”
1. A. friend B. friends C. classmate D. classmates
2. A. the B. / C. a D. an
3. A. from B. below C. to D. at
4. A. have B. had C. has had D. will have
5. A. Before B. When C. Unless D. If
6. A. go B. going C. to go D. gone
7. A. Amy was like B. was Amy like C. is Amy like D. Amy is like
8. A. beautiful B. beautifully C. more beautiful D. the most beautiful
9. A. is moved B. are moved C. was moved D. were moved
10. A. should B. would C. mustn’t D. can’t
“Be proud of what you do,” my father always tells me, “whether you are a boss or a cleaner.” When I am 15, I get a summer job in a hospital. I am told that my duties include (包括) sweeping (扫) floors. I smile and remember Dad’s words.
Even though my job is the lowest, it makes me feel excited. I see it as a challenge (挑战) because it is my first job. I learn to be on time and try to do everything well. In return, I get respect (尊敬) from doctors, nurses and patients. Each morning I imagine that the dirty dishes will make patients sicker if I am not there to wash them clean. After breakfast, I start sweeping the floors of all patient rooms and cleaning toilets. Though I am tired, I want to do the job well. People say, “That young boy really does a good job.” That gives me a pride.
Working in the hospital teaches me that being proud of one’s job is important. It does not matter whether the job is sweeping floors or managing a large business. Through every job I have, my father’s words have always stayed with me. I have swept floors, and I have been a manager. I think Dad will be proud of me.
1. The writer’s first job is a _________.
A. boss B. cleaner C. manager D. doctor
2. Which of the following doesn’t the writer do in the hospital according to the passage?
A. Looking after patients. B. Washing dishes.
C. Cleaning toilets. D. Sweeping the floor.
3. From the passage we know that ________.
A. the writer’s father always stays with him
B. the father doesn’t like the writer’s first job
C. the writer doesn’t do well in his first job
D. the father’s words encourage the writer to do everything well
4. Which is the best title of the passage?
A. Smiling to Yourself B. My Father
C. My First Job D. Working in the Hospital
Ⅰ. 1-5 BDABB 6-10 CACDA
Ⅱ. 1-4 BADC