Module 7 Summer in Los Angeles
Module 7 Unit 1第1课时检测卷
1. They made a shopping ______(清单) before going shopping.
2. The man must be _______(发疯的).
3. I don’t want to wear jeans. I want to wear ________(短裤).
4. You look so cool when you wear the _______(墨镜).
5. The tomatoes _______(重量有) about five kilograms. You need to pay twenty yuan for them.
6. The guard asked me to show him my ______(护照).
1. There will be some exams ______ the end of the term.
A. at B. to C. in D. for
2. —Don’t forget______ the door when you go out.
—OK. I won’t forget it.
A. lock B. locking C. to lock D. locks
3. They had a great time ______ games under the tree.
A. play B. playing C. to play D. played
4. You’d better _______ computer games for a long time.
A. no playing B. not to play C. not play D. don’t play
5. If you want to take these books back home, you must _______ for them first.
A. cost B. take C. spend D. pay
6. My mother was tired, _____ she didn’t stop working.
A. and B. but C. so D. or
7. We are discussing what clothes _______.
A. wear B. to wear C. wearing D. wore
I’m _____ ______ ______ _____ food and drinks.
I don’t know _______ ______ _____ the new machine.
That ______ _______, _______ I look forward to this trip.
I haven’t ________ _______ the air tickets.
_______ _______ ________ the teacher for help.
________ ______ ______, I won’t go there with you.
______ ______ _______ take an umbrella with you.
A: Welcome to the English club. May I ask you some questions?
B: Of course.
B: No. It’s too hard to understand spoken English.
A: __2_________ Do you learn English that way?
B: Yes, I do. It helps to write English every day.
A: Have you ever studied with a group?
B: Yes, I have. __3__________
A: Do you have conversations with friends in English?
B: Oh, yes. __4__________
A: What about reading aloud to practice pronunciation?
B: I do that sometimes. I think it helps. I often look up new words in a dictionary.
A. That’s a great idea!
B. Do you learn English by watching videos?
C. What about keeping a diary in English?
D. I don’t think so.
E. I really improve my speaking skills.
F. I’ve learned a lot that way.
1. _______ 2. _______ 3. _______ 4. _______ 5. _______
Ⅰ. 1. list 2. crazy 3. shorts 4. sunglasses 5. weigh 6. passport
Ⅱ. 1-5 ACBCD 6-7 BB
Ⅲ. 1. making a list of 2. how to use 3. sounds crazy; but 4. paid for 5. You’d better ask 6. By the way 7. Don’t forget to
Ⅳ. 1-5 BCFEA
Module 7 Unit 1第2课时检测卷
1. I’m, my, making, for, a, list, of, things, trip (.)
2. she, to, take, know, what, doesn’t (.)
3. I’m, of, at, the, leaving, end, July (.)
4. have, got, American, you, any, dollars (?)
5. to, take, your, don’t, forget, passport (.)
Today, millions of people want to improve their English but it is difficult to find the best way. Is it better to study in England or America or to study in your own country?
The advantages of going to England seem clear. Firstly, you will be able to listen to English all the time. Another advantage is that you have to speak English if you are with other people. In France, however, it is always possible, in class, to speak French if you want to and the learning is slower.
On the other hand, there are also advantages of staying at home to study. You don’t have to make big changes to your life. It is also a lot cheaper than going to England but it is never possible to get the results of living in the UK. If you have a good teacher in France, I think you can also learn English well without going to England.
If you have enough money and time, the best choice (选择) is to spend some time in the UK. This is not possible for most people, so being here in France is the only choice. The most important thing is to speak only English in class and to try to use English whenever possible outside the class.
1. The underlined word “advantages” probably means “_____” in Chinese.
A. 益处 B. 弊端 C. 方式 D. 意见
2. What is one of the advantages of going to the UK to learn English?
A. There are no Frenchmen in England. B. You have to talk to others in English.
C. The language schools are better. D. The teaching skills are better.
3. The writer of the passage may come from_______.
A. France B. England C. China D. Italy
Welcome to Sunshine Summer Camp
Sunshine summer camp is open between 9:30 am and 11:30 am from July 20th to July 30th. All children aged 7—14 are welcomed. Each child can take part in only one of the following activities and needs to pay ¥150 for it.
◆Sports (basketball, football, table tennis, etc.)
◆Interest Groups (painting, singing, dancing, piano, computer, etc.)
◆English World (songs, movies, games, plays, etc. )
Some American children are coming to the camp. If you really want to spend an interesting summer vacation, please join us in learning for fun. Act now! Book your seat as soon as possible either by phone or by e-mail. Pay before July 18th, and then you can have a Mickey T-shirt as a member of the camp.
Nanfang Children’s Palace
No. 23 Dongshan Street, Binhai City
Information Card for Sunshine Summer Camp
Opening time Between 1 and 11:30 am from July 20th to July 30th
Place Nanfang Children’s Palace, No.23 Dongshan Street, Binhai City
Participants (参加者) 2
Fee (费用) 3
Paying time Before July 18th
Activities 4 , Interest Groups, English World
Telephone number 5
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
Ⅰ.1. I’m making a list of things for my trip. 2. She doesn’t know what to take.
3. I’m leaving at the end of July. 4. Have you got any American dollars?
5. Don’t forget to take your passport.
Ⅱ. 1-3 ABA
1. 9:30 am
2. Children aged 7—14