If you go to the party,
you’ll have a great time!
Read the passage again and answer the questions. Discuss your answers with a partner.
1. What is the worst thing to do if you have a problem?
2. Why didn’t Laura want to tell her parents about her lost wallet?
3. What is the first thing you should do when you want to solve a problem?
4. Why can our parents give us good advice about our problem?
1. It’s to do nothing. 读短文第一段第三句“Some people believe the worst thing is to do nothing.”可知。
2. She was afraid they would be angry. 由第二段中第一、二两句“Laura once lost her wallet, and worried for days. She was afraid to tell her parents about it.”可知。
3. It is to find someone you trust to talk to. 由短文第三段第四句“He thinks the first step is to find someone you trust to talk to”可知。
4. Our parents can give us good advice about our problems because they have more experience than us, and are always there to help us. 读第三段第五句“Students often forget that their parents have more experience, and are always there to help them.”可知。